Monday, March 2, 2015

(Concentration) Project #14, Reflective CDs

For my 14th project I decided to make a prisma drawing of CDs with the reflective side up. I thought this was a good idea since I haven't drawn CDs before and it would give me a challenge. At first I started with a sheet of blue pastel paper, but this did not work out well. Even though I drew out the CDs and the detail of the different colors reflecting off of them, I accidentally made the proportions blobby and it just didn't look right. I also wanted a different background behind the CDs that wasn't wood. This led me to choosing black paper because I could just leave the background black and this would give me more time to focus on the CDs. The black paper was nice for that, however, The colors did not stand out as much and were less vibrant. Anyway, I started to draw it all out on the paper and then went in with color. I started on one CD at a time, adding colors and blending them in into one another. My color palette for this piece consisted of white, browns, blues, green, yellow, orange, red, and purple.  I'd say this was a challenging project and I did the best I could, given the about of time I had. I wanted to re-do it a third time, but I knew I would run out of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment