Monday, January 12, 2015

Pet Project # 8

For the pet project I decided to do a prisma colored pencil drawing around my dog Sage. I know I hadn't used colored pencils in a while do it would be a challenge, but also a great opportunity to use them. I began drawing the outline of my dog, then I started using browns and tans for the ears and face. I then worked on drawing his chest part with the same colors. I used blues and browns for the collar for those are the actual colors of his collar. I went back and put in darker colors in his fur to show more depth. For the background I thought I would make sort of an ombre with greens. I blended light greens into darker greens. For my color palette I used dark green, medium green, light green, turquoise, dark brown, reddish brown, tan, white, and a little bit of black. This was a tricky project because I was not sure how well I could pull it all off. In the picture my dog is at a strange angle of looking up to me and his ears are back. As I worked on the project more it all came together and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment