Monday, January 12, 2015

(Concentration) Guitar project # 9

For project number 9 I had to do something that would fit into my concentration. I decided I would do a drawing of my guitar. I contemplated whether to use acrylic paints or prisma colored pencils. Even though I had just done a project with prismas I knew this project would be perfect for them. Plus I was really excited to use my set of brand new prisma color pencils I had gotten for Christmas. So, the decision was pretty obvious, I went with the pencils. I began drawing out the guitar on a piece of pastel paper. Then I used violet to shade in most of the guitar. I used other purples to show the reflection through the guitar and what it showed in my room. most of the reflection is distorted, but it's supposed to be that way. I went on top of those colors with the same ones to push the value of it all. I then worked on the upper part of the guitar, as well as the pickups, and outside of the guitar with magenta and pinks. I went back with white in the areas that needed it to show highlight. For my color palette I used violet, blue violet, magenta, dark pink, light pink, and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment