Monday, January 12, 2015

(Concentration) Cassette tapes, project #10

In this project I decided to do a picture of cassette tapes I had laid out on the floor. For the medium I used water color for the background and pen for the cassette tape. First I drew out the tapes and then I painted the background using really watered down red. When it was wet I dropped some salt on it to create an interesting effect. I then used violet watercolor paint and dripped it onto the light pink background with salt. Once it dried, I brushed off the salt. I added the color of each tape with watercolor paints. After that dried I began to outline the tapes again using black pen. After that I went over the tapes with hatching and crosshatching. Once I was done with that it was finished. Although this project came out okay, I wish I had worked on it longer so that it came out looking as I wanted it to. For the most part I think it looks okay. It could be better though. I might actually redo the whole thing later on so that I have a better looking piece for my portfolio. But for now, this is what I have.
Tapes.

Light pink wash with salt technique and purple drips.

Close up of some of the tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment