Monday, December 15, 2014

Landscape: Seattle Space Needle Watercolor w/ Pen

For the landscape project I decided to use pen and water colors. After looking through many pictures of various things I could use, I decided to do a painting of my favorite city's monument, the space needle. I love the space needle because it's such an interesting piece of architecture. I thought it was also cool because of the irony of using watercolors when it happens to rain a lot in the city of Seattle. I used hatching and crosshatching with pen for the building as well as the tree. I used different shades of purple for the clouds and blue watercolor for the sky. I used the dripping technique to make a runny look as if water was pouring from the sky. This project benefited me in getting better at my cross hatching techniques. All and all this was a pleasant project and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment