Monday, January 6, 2014

Texture and Pressure.

I went through many ideas for this project and finally came up with one I loved! I decided to make a skeleton bowl. This idea stuck out to me the most because the idea of pressure put on bones, plus there is texture in bones! I am also fascinated with skeletons and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to incorporate one of my interests into my art. For this project, I used a bowl mold to help shape the bowl and make it nice and even. After I smoothed out the clay, I began to make the bone pieces and shape them into a skeleton hand. I used score and slip to put them onto the bowl. Then I used carving tools to give the bones more texture. For the color scheme I decided to use green and turquoise glaze. This project went pretty well for me and hardly had any challenges even though I had never made a skeleton bowl or even a bowl for that matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment