Monday, January 6, 2014

"Let There Be Lips" Rocky Horror Picture Show marble drop

Recently sculpture/ceramics class had to make marble drops! Marble drops are contraptions that you drop a marble in and are made to lead through a path like a maze. They are also a form of interaction art! It took me a while to come up with a cool theme for this project. I tried to move away from the cliche type of ideas and decided to use one of my favorite movies for the theme, Rocky Picture Horror Show. I thought this would be a great theme because the movie has many neat subjects in it as well as interesting characters that I could incorporate into my marble drop! This project was a bit challenging for me because there was just so much to do. I know that many people were working in groups and I thought about doing that, but then I thought it would be a good challenge for me. So I went for it! The materials I used were foam board, paper, hot glue, acrylic paints, and glitter. First I measured out the pieces from the foam board and used hot glue to put them together. Then I looked up images from the movie to get an idea of what things I would incorporate into the marble drop. I drew out the characters and then glued them in. I think the most difficult part of the project was cutting out the measured pieces with the exacto blade, but besides that things went pretty well.




No comments:

Post a Comment