Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Reflection Prisma Colors Project

I decided to make a prisma drawing of a vinyl record reflecting trees from outside my window. I chose to draw a record because it reflects me and my love for music. It is also special to me because one of the first people to introduce me to good music was my dad and he was the one who got me a record player along with a starter collection of records. One of those records is included in the drawing, which would be Billie Holiday.This was a very fun yet challenging project. I spent a couple days practicing how I would draw the record first. Then I sketched it out on a tan piece of construction paper. I chose blues, greens, and reds for my color theme. Some thing I learned from this project was to layer colors and substitute black. At first I wasn't sure if I could do it without the black because most records are black and in my mind at the time I didn't know I could replace it with dark blues. I'm actually pretty pleased with the way the record turned out. I really like that I was able to substitute the black and I think it looks a lot better than how it would look with it. 
Here you can see the sketch I did.

The finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment