Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Five Summer Pieces

This is a portrait I did of myself from a picture I took last year.
I think the emotion shown in this piece would be pensiveness. I myself
often stare off into the distance because I'm always in deep in thought and
I thought that would be interesting to incorporate in the painting.
This is a pen and ink of the interior of the inside of my shelf of books and
an old jewelry box I have had since I was five. On this piece I have to work on creating
more shadows on the edges on the jewelry box as well as in between the books. When
I finish the improvement I will make sure to post it. 

I did a acrylic painting of an object submerged in water. For this project I did consider actually
taking an object like a shirt or something and putting it in water, but I chose something more typical. In a way it is not so "typical" because it does have meaning. On my mother's birthday I made her gifts of coarse, but wanted to put in something extra just to make my representation of the gifts prettier so I found flowers in my backyard and put it in a glass bottle. I liked how it looked so I took that advantage to make a painting of it for the object submerged in water project.

This is a watercolor painting of reflective objects showing my makeup and perfumes
on my vanity.
 

This is a charcoal drawing for the cafe project. I decided to walk to Common Grounds Coffee shop
and draw in the inside of the coffee shop. This is my least favorite of  my summer pieces. However it was my first time working with charcoal pencils and I think that with more practice I could make a better charcoal drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment