Sunday, December 1, 2013

TIME AS AN ELEMENT!




For this project we had to make art that represents time as an element! I came up with several ideas, but this one stood out to me the most. I decided to recreate the soap from the movie " Fight Club," but more gory with blood from fighting. My theory is that over time when the people fight in the club and use the soap to clean up, the soap will get more worn down as well as bloody. This project was definitely challenging. I have never carved soap before so that was a definite risk. I practiced on a couple soaps before making the final soap. I would say that the soap could have been better, but for the most part I think it turned out well. For my project I used pink dove soap, carving tools, red acrylic paints mixed with water, and soap suds.

No comments:

Post a Comment