Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Project #12, Music Concentration

For my twelfth project I decided to paint a picture of a past show I went to of the band, The Julie Ruin. They are a feminist band with powerful messages and at the same time they are pretty upbeat and fun. I wanted to create a more vibrant atmosphere to fit the band's mood. So I used more intense, vibrant colors. My color pallet consisted of Blue, turquoise, green, yellow, pink, and purple. For my medium I used acrylic paints on thick poster paper. First I drew out the image of the picture I had taken. Second, I painted the background using a dark blue, then focused on the light fixtures above the band, I added turquoise, green and yellow paints. After that I started to paint the woman singer using flesh tone and adding purple for the shadows around her skin. I painted her dress using green, pink, and yellow. I painted the woman in the back using blues and purples since the lighting made her look that way. The last thing I painted was the drum set as well as the string lights wrapped around it. For this part I had to use a smaller brush to get the details in the lights. However, in the process of doing so, my brush managed to break (probably from using it for a long time, not sure, but it was surprising). I had to make an extra trip to Ac. Moore to find a a small brush. When I got home I finished the piece. I think in this project there were things I did pretty well like the Woman and her dress with all the detail. I think I lacked with painting the woman with the bass guitar in the back. I also believe that it wasn't the wisest choice to paint on poster paper with all the fine detail. I think if it was larger I would have a bigger advantage with all the room, but I could not do that for I would run over the due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment